Improving investment decisions to ensure wider access to water and wastewater services in Egypt.
This project is about:
Provision of technical assistance to the Holding Company for Water and Waste Water and Affiliated Companies to improve their technical efficiency and technical investment planning in the water sector.
|Context: Support the Government of Egypt in progressing the reform programme of the water sector, in accordance with the objectives of the National Water Resource Plan 2005-2017 (NWRP 2005 - 2017) as well as the Water and Wastewater Sector Development Policy (WWSDP).|
|Timeline: 2015 - 2017|
|€||Contract value: 2,394,750 EUR|
Program Purpose and Objectives:
(1) A strategy and a master plan for Technical Losses reduction, through technical losses diagnosis on Affiliate Companies and Pilot implementation on a selected number of ACs;
(2) Improving the HCWW technical efficiency through Technical studies in the field of Improvement the management of Reverse Osmosis brine disposal;
(3) Building capacities inside the HCWW Planning Sector enabling them to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment Studies (EIASs) on brine disposal, and promote the adoption of suitable regulation on this matter.
Services are summarised in the following 4 main components:
(1) Component 1: Technical Losses Reduction Strategy and Master Plan;
(2) Component 2: Improvement of management of Reverse Osmosis Plants Brine Disposal;
(3) Component 3: Updating of the Existing National Rural Sanitation Strategy;
(4) Horizontal Component: Assist HCWW in Public Awareness Raising.